<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/10851068?origin\x3dhttp://thethinkingmachine.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Thursday, May 29, 2008
~ 10:42 PM ~
DAY 2
Breakfast: Kway Teow with assorted sides. Delicious but oily.

Shocking News at breakfast. Day events for day 2 and 3 are switched. Which means my slacking day 2 became a mountain climbing day 2. I rushed back to change . To think that I hoped to get to swim in the pool. I guess I'm just not fated.

Gunung Panti was not really high. Yet I didn't finish climbing. Not because I'm too tired, but because I had to accompany a sick student down. A blessing in disguise though. I had lunch at campsite, and rested for the rest of the afternoon. The others came back late at 4, complaining that food was not packed for them and they had to cook food with the students outdoor.

At night, it was the Night Confidence Walk. They had to walk for a few minutes through a track rather dark in the night. I found it easy, compared to wad i do normally in the army. Except for some 'counting paradox' some teachers faced, nothing was wrong. Went to sleep short after we came back.

Day 3

Tonight was the campfire, so their activities were short today. I followed a regular teacher's group today. (It was suppose to be a 'slack Day 3'.) I saw what was known as the Indiana Jones. which was planks tied by ropes over water, which they have to cross from one end to another while the other group shakes and turns the planks from their side. Quite fun and exciting.

Then they were practicing for campfire. The regular teacher's group had a hard time deciding on one item, so they discussed for quite a long time. The instructors had to use quite a few ways to finally produce something constructive. Meanwhile, we teachers were drawn to a certain spectacle nearby.

A student was up there for about an hour, supposedly afraid of doing the activity - falling backwards and falling into the teammates' sheet. Despite being told that it was perfectly safe, she didn't do it. I decided to do what I do best and went to check it out. I immediately took over a tired teammate's hands and grabbed the sheet. Soon, a few other teachers joined me. We finally convinced her to fall, with the great help of the instructors. Though it was not a beautiful fall, I felt that we managed to open the girl's mind to the concept of trust, and that I feel happy.

At night, it was the campfire. Everyone performed. They were all interesting, and did as well as what one would expect from campfire items. Mr. C and a few others were 'drunk' or in a similar state of high-ness. They were joking about incorporating the camp cheers and such into school. Very ingenious indeed. Soon, it all ended. Time to sleep and await the next dawn.

Day 4

Woke up. Packed up. Loaded up. Went home!
Life's never been better, and Singapore's never been more homely.
Clean toilets and short distances. This is the life.

about me


name: Hephaestus Han
aka: Prof. Lowbeam Xavier
class: 2RP'01, 3FG'02, 4FG'03, 04S101
cca: CCS, CDC, Interact Club
horoscope:The Clever Patronizer
birthday:Somewhere in June.

leave a note


;
[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]

links


Yunqing
Vicki
Ruisi
Joan
Joseline
The Synthesis Saga

archives


; February 2005; March 2005; April 2005; May 2005; June 2005; July 2005; August 2005; September 2005; October 2005; November 2005; December 2005; January 2006; February 2006; March 2006; April 2006; May 2006; June 2006; July 2006; September 2006; December 2006; January 2007; March 2007; June 2007; September 2007; February 2008; March 2008; April 2008; May 2008; June 2008; July 2008; August 2008; September 2008; October 2008; November 2008; December 2008; January 2009; March 2009; April 2009


credits


; j-wen
; deviantart
; brushes
; blogskins
; blogger