
Monday, August 22, 2005
~ 4:30 PM ~
“Today is World's Day! It's supposed to be a holiday! Why are we here?” Councillor asked.
“There are no holidays for us, Councillor. Work is constant and undeniably difficult,” answered President X.
He turned to the rest of the Council, the second since Independence, and spoke, “A problem has arisen.” Murmurs among the councillors could be heard, for the sentence was always a prelude to a tougher situation. “What problem?” Some asked.
“The quality of the Guard is diminishing. Either the Republic is lacking strong citizens to protect us, or somebody has been slacking.” Another answer came from President.
“Does Your Honour refer to Commander Holisee?” A councillor asked. The question was rhetorical; the answer was obvious.
President X continued, “I have heard about the unpunctuality of the commander, and of his inflexibility. He has set a bad example for his fellow subordinates. I move that he be removed from his post immediately.”
“I second the motion.” Councillor followed.
“For.” This was the only word that came.
“Motion passed unanimously. However, we have to do this delicately. He still has the authority until after we dismiss him. We have to be aware of any signs of a coup.” With that, President X turned to Vice-President Y, “I bestow upon you the power of the Council. You will take over Mr. Holisee's position as Commander, making you the Minister of All Defences. Commence at once.”
“With what do I substantiate the power, Mr. President?”
“The Republic Armed Forces of course. If you require, you may bring along a tank or two. The Commander-yet-to-be-removed is of no big threat.”
“Yes, Mr. President. I will accomplish this mission.”