Tuesday, June 28, 2005
~ 6:09 PM ~
We. In the same room. Together.
I seated. You kneeling.
Facing one another.
An awkward feeling.
Guilty, said he. With power.
I watched. You clinged.
The deeper the better.
Where you are going.
You pleaded for innocence.
I laughed. You cried.
No more re-entrance.
No longer by my side.
I wrote a book about us.
I won. You lost.
All about your exodus.
And to me, what it cost.
Do not hate us, fellow friend.
I'm up here. You're down there.
Saints we keep. Demons we send.
It is us that is nearly bare.
We all have names, and meanings too.
I, messenger. You light-bearer.
I am really not different from you.
Perhaps we may confer?
Then the end came. The End.
I sighed. You smiled.
I was fooled by mortal men.
Disappointed, yes, and riled.
We. Together. Again.
You seated. I kneeling.
I looked upon with pain.
In the foresight of my sufferings.
What surprised me, was not he.
But you. Least expectedly, thee.
You rose. That I did not forsee.
"Michael, Thee I forgive."